Applications are now closed for Bunnings Rugby Assist.
This season, Bunnings Rugby Assist is focusing on helping clubs upgrade their facilities to feel even more welcoming for the whole community.
So, what does a welcoming club look like? Some ideas could be:
- Creating a warm and inviting space through insulation & heaters
- Providing a play zone for tamariki so that families with young children feel welcome
- Ensuring toilet facilities are accessible for all
- Individual and upgraded changing rooms for all genders
- Security systems so that club members feel safe and secure to use the facilities
- All weather training facilities so that club members are not restricted to train
Grassroots rugby is at the heart of every community in Aotearoa. Whether it's spending weeknights training or Saturday mornings cheering from the sidelines, Kiwis come together for the love of the game and the sense of community that it fosters. In partnership with New Zealand Rugby, Bunnings Warehouse has created Bunnings Rugby Assist to support community rugby clubs across the country.
Over the last two years, Bunnings Rugby Assist supported 30 clubs with a share of $600,000 worth of products and materials to upgrade their facilities. Now in its third year, the programme focuses on making our Clubrooms even more welcoming for the whole community.
Rugby’s impact goes beyond the 80 minutes, it’s at the heart and soul of many of our communities. Bunnings Rugby Assist will donate $30,000 worth of products, materials and trade services to 10 clubs to help improve their facilities, for the benefit of the rugby and wider community.
The following clubs have been selected for Bunnings Rugby Assist 2023:
Check out some the powerful stories from around our Rugby Community and impact the previous grants have had: